Monday, June 30, 2008

Newegg.com

Need computer hardware? The best place for it is newegg.com. I have purchased a handful of products from newegg over the years. Back in the day when I used to build desktop computers, I purchased a lot of things from newegg.com. I have rarely been able to find better deals elsewhere. The company is based out of Industry, California. Here is an exerpt from their "about us" page:

"Newegg.com opened for business in 2001 and achieved $1.5 billion in annual sales in its first 6 years of operation. Inc. Magazine recently distinguished Newegg in its list of America’s 500 Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We are one of four companies in the list’s 25-year history to qualify on growth merits while also recording $1+ billion in annual sales."

It is a very legitimate, fast-growing company. I have NEVER had a problem with the site, shipping, or any of the products I purchased. The site is very easy to use. It always provides a lot of options for any type of hardware. So, let's do a little shop and compare. Let's say I am in the market for memory. That is a real common need amongst computer owners (especially if you own Vista). Let's say I own an HP Pavilion dv6700t series and want to really upgrade to 4gb of RAM. This computer needs PC2-5300 RAM. I also type in 4gb so that I narrow my options to what I really want. I know that the computer has only two slots (as is common with most laptops) and so I need 2x2gb cards. So, I enter in that info and search (right click the link and open it in a new tab so that you can follow along with me). The least expensive products are around $70. That seems pretty good, but lets check with Bestbuy.com to compare. Here are my results from Bestbuy.com. The cheapest option there is $349.99. Hmmm, a bit of a difference. Okay, so lets just do a search on Google and see what product results we find there. Here are the results. The cheapest, that's not found on ebay, is around $75 and from newegg.com and buy.com.

There you have it, newegg offers a great deal on hardware that anyone can get behind. So get behind it. Check it out and search for things that you may need or want for your computer.

No comments: