Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ars Technica

Today, let's talk about an interesting news site: ArsTechnica. In the past, I have posted on Slashdot, News For Nerds. The type of news on Arstechnica is similar in many ways to the type of news on Slashdot (in that its for nerds) but Ars has a professional writing staff and a different philosophy to approaching the news. Where Slashdot is an open news forum, Ars is more polished, professional, and structured. The writers focus on the technology sector and anything that concerns it.

So why am I telling you about this site? Honestly, I just think its a cool site. It is where I get around 65% (don't ask how I came up with that number) of technology news. So what use is this to you? I don't know - that's a personal question.

That's one of the pictures that came up when I googled "I don't know." I say it was worth it.

Anyway, the point is, if you want Tech news - Go to ArsTechnica. They cover categories like: Apple, Business, Gaming, Gadgets, Hardware, Microsoft, Open Source, Science, Tech Policy, and more. If you care about any of those things, you will like ArsTechnica.

The writers at Ars usually take an interesting stance on things. A lot of times I find that they focus on hot issues and try to give views that are both realistic and similar to those of the tech sector. Here are some stories I found interesting or funny:

Nintendo Kills Duck Hunt for iPhone, Dog Laughs
Six editions of Windows 7: better than Vista, still too many
Apple Nabs 10% Market Share
General Science News

Anyway, thanks for reading and have fun reading!

No comments: